RSA provides members with:
- Strong advocacy for their unique needs and concerns.
- Research and other information resources of particular interest.
- Opportunities to share and network in areas of interest, regionally and statewide.
- Liaison with numerous allied and affiliated organizations.
- A variety of customized professional services as available.
The RSA Legislative Committee develops an annual position statement and maintains active liaison with state legislative leaders and staff of the Governor's Office. Committee members visit Albany lawmaker's offices and enjoy credibility and rapport. RSA provide testimony at hearings on topics of importance to the members.
In addition to the RSA Newsletter and alerts, the web site www.RSANY.org provides easy access to information about the Association, and news of interest to all small and rural districts in New York State.
The annual conference, a highlight of the year for many members, includes selected exhibits, recognized and substantial speakers, topical workshops, and opportunities for school board members and administrators to network and exchange valuable information.
Become a member
Any New York State school district serving a rural population is eligible. Membership is effective upon receipt of payment. The current fee is $750 for 2017-18, and is subject to change by the Board of Directors.
Please make check payable to Rural Schools Association and send with your school district name, your name, position, address, email, and telephone number to:
Rural Schools Association
Warren Hall 275 Flex
Ithaca, NY 14853-5901