LEAD NY has over 450 alumni that serve in a variety of leadership roles at the local, state, regional and national levels. Indeed, it would be difficult to look at the leadership of virtually any food or agricultural organization in New York and NOT see at least a few LEAD alumni serving in leadership roles for that organization.
Alumni lists by class number and name are provided below (Class 15 alumni will be added soon!). In order to protect their privacy, we currently do not share alumni contact information with the public. If you need to reach one of our alumni, please contact the LEAD office.
If you are an alumnus and your contact information has changed, please inform the LEAD office so we can keep our records up-to-date. In the future, we hope to have a secure link on this web page so that alumni can update their contact information themselves, as well as search for the contact information of their fellow alumni.
We are pleased to announce that we will be offering a LEAD New York Alumni Study Tour to Cuba January 12 – 19, 2020!
Most of the details of this offering can be found at this link, but here are a few highlights:
- The trip is intended for LEADNY alumni, board members and their significant others. Note this is an adult-only trip.
- The trip will be strictly limited to 36 participants, and spots will be granted on a first-come, first served basis (with paid deposit of $1,000/person).
- Trip dates will be Sunday, January 12 through Sunday January 19, 2020. See the brochure on our website for a preliminary itinerary.
- Cost of the trip is expected to be $3,399 per person (double occupancy). This cost includes: airfare from central departure airport (TBD, but probably Newark or JFK), 7 nights accommodations, 14 meals as identified in itinerary (most dinners will be on your own), motor coach transportation, sightseeing and technical visits, tour guide and tour manager, taxes and fees. This cost does NOT include: Transportation to/from your home to the departure airport, Visa fee ($75), travel insurance (optional), single supplement ($630), tips (about $10/day), drinks at meals, and meals not identified as group meals in the itinerary (mainly dinners).
- All payments and reservations are to be made directly with our travel operator, Trump Tours (see brochure on website), and specific payment questions should be directed to them. General questions can be directed to Larry or Terri at the LEAD office.
You may have seen news stories that the current administration is considering further restrictions on US travel to Cuba. However, group educational travel to Cuba (which this is) is still permissible. And even if there is a change in policy, past practice has been to “grandfather in” previously scheduled tours, and new rules regarding any change in policy will have to be drafted and implemented, which normally takes at least 6 – 9 months. So we fully expect this trip to be a “go” in January.
Our travel operator is very experienced in Cuba, having organized several group agricultural tours there in recent years. Several of these tours have been for our sister ag leadership programs in other states. The principal is a LEADAR graduate, in fact (our sister program in Arkansas). So they understand the type of trip we are looking for, and have the experience to deliver. I hope you are as excited as I am about this unique study travel opportunity!
We hope you will plan to join us in January. Make sure your passport is up to date, and reserve your spot today, so you don’t miss out on this great opportunity!