Attracting and retaining an educated & skilled workforce and citizenry is a key to strengthening New York’s competitive edge and supporting its vibrant communities. The CALS NYS Internship Program connects businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies with exceptional and motivated Cornell University students from the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS) seeking career-related work experience and opportunities to contribute to NY communities.
- Open to CALS majors and minors (current first year students, sophomores, juniors, and returning graduate students)
- 8 week, 1-credit pre-departure course (during spring semester prior to internship)
- 10 week summer internship & community engagement component (June-early August)
- $4,000 stipend for living expenses
- 1-credit post internship independent study (during fall semester following internship)
We need your help!: Learn how your community can host an intern, how you personally can be a community mentor to an intern in your area, or how to make a financial or in-kind donation to help maintain and expand this wonderful program. Contact the internship program coordinator, Heidi Mouillesseaux-Kunzman.