CaRDI offers research-based trainings to enhance Extension educators’ and community leaders’ knowledge, skills, and resources that contribute to local and regional development. CaRDI’s community development trainings include annual institutes, internship programs for Cornell students, community-based training programs, as well as webinars, and address a range of topics, from community development basics to contemporary community challenges and opportunities. We are fortunate to work closely with several partners to offer our trainings, including other Cornell University faculty and staff, Cornell Cooperative Extension, eXtension, other educational institutions, professional associations, federal, state, and local governments and community and economic development professionals.
CaRDI staff are founding members of eXtension’s Enhancing Rural Community Capacity (ERCC) Community of Practice (CoP), through which we work with Extension professionals across the country to develop training programs and other educational opportunities that support community and economic development. Learn more about additional upcoming and recent community development webinars and other training opportunities you may be interested in.
- Community Development Institute
- Cornell Municipal Clerks Institute
- Dennis A. Pelletier County Government Institute
- Foundations of Practice in Community Development
- Land-Use Leadership Alliance Program
- Local Agriculture and Land Use Leadership Development Institute
- Local Government Leadership Institute
- The CALS NYS Internship Program